Baden Street Settlement
- Full-day pre-kindergarten classes for 124 children. The number of children served will grow to 152 in the next fiscal year.
- The Alvin Wesley Child Development Center provides daycare services for 151 children 6 weeks to 12 years old.
- The ATTAIN Lab provides access to computers for residents who do not have computers or internet at home. The lab is available to children.
- The Baden Street Digital Arts Center provides children the opportunity to develop cognitive and critical thinking skills. Through gaming, children are exposed to technology, math and science.
- Baden Street Settlement is the host agency for the Metro Council for Teen Potential, a coalition of youth-serving organizations that promote youth development in the city’s most stressed neighborhoods.
- The Emergency and Family Assistance Department helps families in crisis by providing for immediate needs, and taking steps to ensure the crisis is not repeated.
- Full day pre-kindergarten classes for 125 children.
- After school and summer learning programs that help children build academic and personal skills through homework assistance, reading clubs, self-esteem exercises and athletics.
- Administration of the Child and Adult Food Care Program, which provides meals to daycare providers to serve to children.
- Training to daycare providers, helping them obtain and maintain New York State licenses.
- Sky’s the Limit is a daily program for individuals with disabilities aged 5 to 22 years old. The program offers a structured recreational environment. Participants have an opportunity to enhance social and physical skills and be included in mainstream activities.
- Community Place is the lead agency for the Student Family Support Center at Northeast/Northwest College Preparatory High School. Services include mental health counseling, pregnancy prevention, conflict resolution and drug and alcohol awareness.
- High School Equivalency Diploma classes for people ages 17 to 25.
Charles Settlement House
- After school program serves nearly 100 children in first through sixth grades. This program is free to participants. Children receive homework assistance, literacy development, physical activity, dance, photography and more.
- Summer enrichment activities for 70 children, including STEM and nature activities, literacy, recreation and field trips.
- EPIC Teen Club serves 30 youth, helping them succeed academically and socially.
- A summer employment program for youth ages 14 and 15.
- Reinvesting in Youth program, which provides services for more than two dozen youth referred by the criminal justices system.
- Notre Dame Learning Center, a tutoring center for children, is housed at Charles Settlement House.
- Food pantry and clothing closet, as well as assistance from case workers.
Support us with your gift today!
Help us ensure that the youth, families, and seniors in our community have the resources they need to live the healthy, happy and full life that we all deserve. Make a donation, or volunteer your time today!